1. Vivek Shrivastava has been appointed as chief of SPG (Special Protection Group).
2. K B Biswas has been appointed as Chairman of CGWB (Central Ground Water Board).
3. Tabare Vazquez to be appointed as new president of Uruguaya after winning the presidential elections.
4. Former Union minister Jairam Ramesh has been appointed as a member of an International advisory board which provides strategic policy advice to a key UN agency on environmentally-sound technologies for developing nations.
5. 7 Year Old Indian Dev Shah became world champion in Under-7 category in World Schools Chess Championships in Brazil.
6. US Biologist James Watson who won Nobel Prize in 1962 for discovering the structure of DNA decided to sell it through auction. It is the first case that a Nobel prize has been put on Auction by its recepient.
7. Arunachal Pradesh government won Krishi Karman Award for the second consecutive year for better quality and improved Grain Production.
8. Sumitra Charatram Award has been given to classical vocalist Pandit Jasraj.
9. Zakir Ali Rajneesh has been given the first Harikrishna Devsare Children's Literature Award.
10. An Odyssey in Tibbet : A Pilgrimage to the Mansarovar has been written by Tarun Vijay.
11. Democratic india : The Indira gandhi Years has been written by President Pranab Mukherjee.
12. Manipur Tourism Department organized Sangai Annual festival in Imphal to showcase Manipur's rich cultural heritage. 8th International Polo Tournament was also organized on this occasion.
13. World Diamond Conference was held in Delhi, India. Russian President Vladimir Putin Attended it.
14. Miss Earth 2014 Title has been won by Jamie Herrell of Philippines in a ceremony held in Philippines and Miss World Beauty Pageant 2014 was win by Rolene Strauss of South Africa in a Concert Organized in London, UK.
o Notes About Miss Earth Beauty Pageant
§ Miss Earth is an annual international beauty pageant promoting environmental awareness. It is an annual international beauty contest like Miss Universe and Miss World contests.
§ The contest was started in 2001.
§ Miss Earth winner is the spokesperson for the Miss Earth Foundation, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and other environmental organizations.
§ Traditionally, Miss Earth lives in Manila during her reign.
§ There have been 14 Miss Earth contests so far since Its Inception.
§ Venezuela and Brazil have won the Title most Times (2 each).
§ India Has won it Once with Nicole Faria (2010).
§ The current Miss Earth titleholder is Alyz Henrich from Venezuela who was crowned on December 7, 2013
o Notes About Miss Universe Beauty Pageant
§ Miss Universe is an annual international beauty contest run by the Miss Universe Organization like the Miss Earth and Miss World contests.
§ The contest was founded in 1952 and is now acquired by Donald Trump.
§ There have been 62 Miss Universe contests so far since Its Inception. 63rd Miss Universe pageant will be held on January 25, 2015 at Florida International University in USA.
§ USA has won the Title most Times (8) Followed by Venezuela (7).
§ India Has won it twice with Sushmita Sen (1994) & Lara Dutta (2000).
o Notes About Miss World Beauty Pageant
§ Miss World pageant was created in the United Kingdom by Eric Morley in 1951 and after his death in 2000, Morley's wife, Julia Morley, co-chairs the pageant.
§ There have been 64 Miss World contests so far since Its Inception. .
§ Venezuela has won the Title most Times (6) Followed by India (5) & UK (5).
§ India Has won it Five Times with Reita Faria (1966), Aishwarya Rai (1994), Diana Hayden (1997), Yukta Mookhey (1999) & Priyanka Chopra (2000). India's Reita Faria was the first Asian ever to win Miss World Title.
§ Current Miss World is Rolene Strauss of South Africa and she was crowned the same on Dec 14, 2014 in a Concert Organized in London, UK.
15. India's 45th International Film Festival was Held in Panji, Goa. The list of awards given at IFFI 2013 is as follows:
o Golden Peacock Award: Russian director Andrey Zvyaginstev for drama Leviathan
o Best Director: Nadaf Lapid for the film The Kindgarten Teacher
o Best Actor (Male): Leviathan star- Alexel Serebriakov & Benagal actor -Dulal Sarkar for the film Chotoder Chobi
o Best Actor (Female): Cuban actress Arina Rodriguez for Cuban-Spanish film Behaviour & Israeli actress Sarit Larry for film The Kindergarten Teacher
o Lifetime Achievement Award - Hong-Kong filmmaker Wong Kar-wai.
o Centenary Award for Indian Film Personality of the Year : Director Shrihari Sathe for the film Ek Hazaarchi Note
16. Foreign VIP Visits to India ->
o External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj visited South Korea and attended 8th India-Republic of Korea Joint Commission meeting.
17. Indian VIP Visits to Foreign Countries ->
o Russian President Vladimir Putin Visited India and signed 20 agreements with India during 15th India-Russia Annual Meet. Including a 10 Billion USD Agreement between Essar Group of India and Russia's crude oil producer, Rosneft. Druzhba.
o Tulsi Gabbard Visited India, She is First Hindu to be elected to US House of Representatives.
18. 1 Dec - World Aids Day and BSF Creation Day. BSF was created on 1 December, 1965.
19. 2 Dec - International Day for Abolition of Slavery. World religious leaders signed a joint declaration against modern slavery In Vatican City.
20. 3 Dec - International Day of Differently Abled Persons.
21. 4 Dec - Indian Navy Day.
22. 5 Dec - International Volunteer Day. It has been observed as the same by united Nations since 1985. UN Declared 5 December as World Soil Day.
23. 7 Dec - International Civil Aviation Day and Indian Armed Forces Flag Day.
24. 9 Dec - International Anti Corruption Day.
25. 10 Dec - International Human Rights Day.
26. 11 Dec - International Mountain Day.
27. 18 Dec - International Migrants Day and Minorities Rights Day.
28. 14 Dec - National Energy Conservation Day.
29. 20 Dec - International Human Solidaity Day.
30. 23 Dec - Indian Kisan Diwas (Farmer's Day).
31. Most abundant mineral on earth has been named as Bridgmanite in honour of Percy Bridgman, a physicist who won the 1946 Nobel Prize in Physics for his fundamental contributions to high-pressure physics.
32. PM Narendra Modi flagged off first train from Assam to Meghalaya. It has put Meghalaya on railway map for first time.
33. Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence 2014 -
1. Business Leader of the Year – Dilip Shanghvi
2. Company of the Year – Tata Consultancy Services
3. Emerging Company of the Year – Adani Ports & SEZ
4. Global Indian of the Year – Satya Nadella
5. Startup of the Year – Zomato
6. Business Reformer of the Year – UK Sinha
7. Corporate Citizen of the Year – Tata Steel
8. Lifetime Achievement – Yusuf Hamied
9. Entrepreneur of the Year - Dhiraj Rajaram
10. Entrepreneur of the Year - Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
34. Prime Minister Narendra Modi coined the acronym SMART for police forces across the country at the 49th annual conference of India DGPs and IGPs hosted by the Intelligence Bureau (IB) in Guwahati, Assam. SMART Stands for - S for strict but sensitive • M for modern and mobile • A for alert and accountable • R for reliable and responsive • T for techno-savvy and trained.
35. Mascot for the 2016 European football championship named Super Victor.
36. Former Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Jarbom Gamlin Passed Away.
37. Tabare Ramon Vazquez Rosas won Uruguay Presidential Election 2014.
38. Singapore launched National Day song in Tamil language to celebrate 50 years of Independence.
39. United Arab Emirates (UAE) Cricket Team captain Khurram Khan became oldest player to score a century in the ODI at age of 43 Years.
40. OP Singh has been appointed as Director General of NDRF (National Disaster Response Force).
41. Government amended the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) 1986 to strengthen the grievance redressal system under the Act. Amendment Gave more powers to the consumers and National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission and covered e-commerce, product liability, misleading advertisements within its purview.
42. Russia launched new generation navigation satellite GLONASS-K.
43. Noted Bollywood comedian Deven Verma Passed Away.
44. Government announced 28000 crore rupees package for the development of North-East.
45. Former Union Minister and Maharashtra’s first Muslim Chief Minister, Abdul Rahman Antulay passed Away.
46. Irish Film Artist Duncan Campbell won Turner Prize 2014 for a video called It For Others.
47. India Test Fired Nuclear-capable missile Agni-IV Successfully with strike Range 4000 KM.
48. Anil Kumar Sinha appointed as new Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
49. Uttar Pradesh government started Women Entrepreneurship Scheme 2014-15 to empower women participation in industrialization Process.
50. Government of Meghalaya formed a committee headed by Deputy Chief Minister RC Laloo to speed up Inclusion of Khasi-language in Eighth Schedule of the Constitution.
51. Prince of Gujarat: The Extraordinary Story of Prince Gopaldas Desai written by Rajmohan Gandhi.
52. 20th Corruption Perceptions Index released and ranked 175 countries as per levels of corruption in public sector.
0. India got score of 38 and ranked 85th (improving slightly compared to 96th position and a score of 36 in 2013)
1. Index was topped by Denmark with a score of 92 and followed by New Zealand (91), Finland (89), Sweden (87) and Norway (86)
2. At the bottom of the list are North Korea and Somalia with a score of 8 each.
53. Archaeologists in University of Southampton (UK) discovered one of medieval royal palace of 12th Century under ground inside a vast prehistoric fortress in Old Sarum.
54. Finance Ministry constituted a Committee under former Chief Economic Advisor Ashok Lahiri to interact with trade and industry on tax-related issues.
55. Supreme Court created a Social Justice Bench for cases related to women, children and underprivileged under Justice Madan B Lokur and Justice U U Lalit as member.
56. Health insurance provider New India Assurance (NIA) launched cheapest top-up Health Insurance plan in which hospitalization expenses between from 15 - 20 lakh can be availed for Rs 3,500 a year for someone up to 44 years.
57. East Zone defeated West Zone to win the Deodhar Trophy cricket tournament in Mumbai.
58. Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) relaxed Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) norms for construction development sector and Allowed 100% FDI in operation and management of completed projects.
59. Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) launched second-generation asteroid explorer Hayabusa 2.
60. Indian Oil won 119th Beighton Cup Hockey tournament beating Punjab National Bank by 5-4 goals.
61. Raninder Singh became first Indian to get be a member of International Shooting Sport Federation's Executive Committee.
62. Committee on Review of Environmental Laws headed by TSR Subramanian submitted its report and recommended creating new umbrella law for streamlining environment clearances for development projects in the country.
63. SBI Cards launched co-branded credit card Styleup with Fashion at Big Bazaar (FBB) of Future Group with a lifetime discount of 10 per cent discount on fashion apparel.
64. Indian-American scientist Arun Majumdar appointed as United States (US) Science Envoy.
65. Muhammad Raza Khan appointed as new Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of Pakistan.
66. India and Japan agreed to cooperate in Cyber security and Green Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
67. RBI relaxed norms for Pre-paid Payment Instruments and doubled the limit of PPI from 50000 to 1 lakh rupees.
68. Washington University Researchers created fastest 2D camera that can capture events up to 100 billion frames a second.
69. PM Narendra Modi named as Asian of the Year 2014 by The Straits Times for being a development-focused leader.
70. United Nations Environment Programme released first Adaptation Gap Report during climate talks in Lima (Peru). It serves as assessment of global adaptation gaps in finance, technology and knowledge. Report said that cost of climate change adaptation in developing countries will reach 2-3 times previous estimates of 70-100 billion USD per year by 2050.
71. Arun Duggal has been appointed as non-executive Chairman of Credit Rating Agency ICRA.
72. USA President Barack Obama Nominated Physicist Ashton Carter as next defence secretary of USA.
73. 06 Dec - Mahaparinirwan Diwas (death anniversary of BR Ambedkar).
74. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp of US won the bid for 6000 crore rupees deal for supplying 16 Multi-role Helicopters to Indian Navy.
75. US football team goalkeeper Tim Howard won the 2014 US Player of the Year award.
76. India sent assistance to Maldives to help resolve water crisis in Male, the capital of Maldives.
77. Assam government launched a new road construction scheme named Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi Concrete Road Nirman.
78. Punjab Government banned health camps without permission of district civil surgeons after more than dozen people lost vision in a camp at Gurdaspur district.
79. MRF Limited announced as global partner for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 and Indian Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has been made the Brand Ambassador for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
80. United Kingdom (UK) signed agreement with Persian Gulf Country Bahrain to establish a permanent naval base at Mina Salman Port in Bahrain.
81. Government sets up target to cover 10 lakh women over 3 years in Rashtriya Mahila Kosh, a national credit fund for women.
82. ISRO Launched communication satellite GSAT-16 by Ariane 5 rocket.
83. China launched CBERS-4 satellite jointly developed with Brazil for monitoring, planning of land, forestry and agriculture.
84. Ritu Mallya made Director of Mangalore Chemicals and Fertilisers (MCF) board. She replaced Vijay Mallya that had to quit after State Bank of India advised that it will be difficult to lend money to MCF with a willful defaulter Vijay Mallya on board.
85. Indian Blind Cricket team defeated Pakistan to win the fourth Blind Cricket World Cup in South Africa.
86. Boeing 787 aircraft made world's first flight using green diesel. Green Diesel is a sustainable biofuel made from vegetable oils, waste cooking oil and animal fats and The airplane performed in same manner as it does with conventional jet fuel.
87. India set the Guinness Record after beating Pakistan's Record for largest human formation of a national flag with around 50000 volunteers from Chennai gathered to form the human Tricolour, the National Flag of India.
88. Amos Meindi of Kenya won 29th Pune International full Marathon in Men’s category.
89. Samsung Electronics appointed Pranav Mistry as Global Vice-President.
90. Karnataka approved Child Protection Policy for Safe Schools in Karnataka after several child abuse incidents in schools.
91. Warren buffet (73.7 Billion USD) became second richest person in the World after replacing Carlos Slim (62.9 Billion USD). Bill Gates (81.5 Billion USD) is the world's richest person. Buffet is also this year’s biggest donator with His $2.1bn donation to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
92. President Pranab Mukherjee launched country’s first and world’s largest mobile governance platform - Mobile One Initiative of Karnataka Government offering over 4,000 services from both the government and private sectors to the citizens.
93. China launched a major scheme to expand its large network of nuclear power plants, brushing aside remarks by its atomic regulator that the new Chinese technology is still not completely up to standards.
94. Andhra Pradesh Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Singapore for development of its new capital to come up near Vijawayada and launched a New land pooling policy for the same.
95. Hockey Player Grihanandan Singh Passed Away. He was part of Hockey team that won two Olympic gold medals(1948 London Olympics and 1952 Helsinki Olympics).
96. Gwladys Nocera of France won Hero Women's Indian Golf Open 2014 in Delhi with prize money 300000 USD.
97. Wipro Chief Azim Premji was awarded Swiss Ambassador's Award for inspirational and socially responsible leadership.
98. P B Acharya has been appointed as Governor of Assam. He is also Governor of Nagaland.
99. RBI notified revised Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy in Railways Infrastructure and Defence sectors. As per the revised norms, foreign investment ceiling in defence was increased to 49 % and 100 % in rail infrastructure.
100. Noted Journalist Piratla Venkateswarlu passed away.
101. State Bank of India launched two indices namely SBI Monthly Composite Index and SBI Yearly Composite Index to track manufacturing and services activities for determining contraction and expansion in the Indian economy. It is first time an Indian bank has launched a forward-looking economic index. Earlier, markets depended on HSBC India Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) to determine the economic trends.
102. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) successfully commissioned a 28 MW Nyaborongo Hydro Electric Project in Rwanda (Country in central and east Africa).
103. World Economic Forum (WEF) released Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index Report 2013 with theme Reducing Barriers to Economic Growth and Job Creation. Out of 140 economies, Switzerland topped the list in terms of travel and tourism competitiveness followed by Germany and Austria. India is at 65th position and 11th in the Asia-Pacific region.
104. First Arabic translation of Indian Constitution launched in Cairo (Egypt).
105. Bhutan became 181st member of Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency. MIGA is political risk insurance and credit enhancement arm of World Bank Group.
106. Time magazine named its Person of the Year 2014 title to the health care workers treating the Ebola Epidemic Outbreak. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Won the contest in Times' Readers' Poll.
107. India's Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) won the Thomson Reuters India Innovation Award for 2014 for its work in the field of filing patents and research.
108. Committee under TSR Subramanian submitted its report on transforming Network of Post Offices to enable India Post to keep with changing market trends and competition.
109. India's largest Blast Furnace was blown-in at SAIL’s IISCO Steel Plant with Name - ‘Kalyani’.
110. China Launched Chinese-Brazilian satellite CBERS-4 (China-Brazil Earth Resources Satellite) by Long Marc 4-B Rocket.
111. RBI enhanced the maximum balance that can be made available in a prepaid instrument (PPI) to Rs.1 lakh from Rs.50,000.
112. Private Sector Bank Kotak Mahindra Bank announced to acquire ING Vysya Bank for Rs. 15000 Crores.
113. Aditi Ohm of NIT Raipur invented a sensor system that Decodes signals of Plants into Human Language and enables Plants to ask for Water or any other need through tweeting on sites Like Twitter. The Project was showcased at ‘Intel India Innovation Conclave, 2014’ at Bengaluru and received ‘The Jury Popular Choice’ award for 2014 carrying a Rs 1 lakh reward.
114. Hage Geingob to be new president of namibia after win in General Elections in the country.
115. Former Indian Olympic Association chief Randhir Singh is made a honorary member of International Olympic Committee.
116. Reliance Industries sold 49 % stake in its textiles business to Chinese firm Shandong Ruyi Science and Technology Group
117. Nine new species of bush frogs discovered in Western Ghats by scientists from Indian Institute of Science (IISc). Bangalore
118. Samsung appointed HyunChil Hong as President of Southwest Asia.
119. World Wide Web Foundation released Web Index 2014 to measure internet's contribution to social, economic and political progress in the world. It ranked Denmark at top and India at 48th Rank.
120. Andhra Pradesh Government Started Farmers Debt Redemption Scheme to give debt relief to about 22.79 eligible farmers. Loans of Upto 50000 to be paid completely and more than that would be paid in Installments of 20%.
121. Former Cuban Leader Fidel Castro honored by Chinese Confucius Peace Prize 2014 for his contribution in eliminating nuclear war.
122. Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed of Mauritania is appointed as head of UN Mission for Ebola Emergency Response (UNMEER).
123. E-commerce major Snapdeal acquired Gift Recommendation Platform Wishpicker with deal amount not disclosed.
124. Tata Power acquired 540 MW thermal power plant in Maharashtra for 3000 crores from promoters of IRB Infrastructure.
125. Anurag Jain has been appointed as Joint Secretary in Prime Minister's Office (PMO) of India.
126. UN World Economic Situation and Prospects 2015 (WESP) report -
0. Economic growth of India estimated at 5.4 % in 2014, will improve to 5.9 percent in 2015 and 6.3 percent in 2016. Recovery in South Asia will be led by India that has about 70 % of regional output.
1. Global economy to grow at 3.1 % in 2015 and 3.3 % in 2016. It is higher than 2.6 % growth in 2014.
2. USA has growth above 2 % in 2014, expected to grow at 2.8 % in 2015 and 3.1 percent in 2016.
127. Government decided to decriminalize attempt to suicide by deleting Section 309 of Indian Penal Code from statute book.
128. Indian-American Akhil Sharma’s novel Family Life selected by New York Times Review as one of Best 10 Books of 2014.
129. ICICI Bank launched first Transparent credit card in India - Coral American Express Credit Card in association with American Express.
130. Singer Asha Bhosle has been awarded Lifetime Achievement Award at 11th Dubai International Film Festival in Dubai.
131. Ruhi Singh of India won Miss Universal Peace & Humanity 2014 at ceremony held in Beirut, Lebanon.
132. Maharashtra Government declared Dahi Handi as adventurous sport. It involves breaking a pot filled by buttermilk and tied at a height by making a human pyramid on the occasion of Krishan Janmashtami.
133. Indian-origin professor T V Paul elected as 56th president of the International Studies Association (ISA).
134. Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved setting an inter-state power transmission facility in Tamil Nadu with cost of Rs 1,593 crores.
135. India has signed $1100-million loan with World bank's IBRD (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development) for phase two of the Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC).
136. Dinesh Sharma has been appointed as new chief of Intelligence Bureau.
137. Fortune Magazine’s Indian edition released annual list of Fortune 500 Indian companies. Indian Oil has been rated as country’s biggest company in terms of annual revenue while Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries is at second place.
138. Germany won their 10th Hockey Champions Trophy Tournament beating Pakistan in Bhubaneswar (Odisha).
139. Mima Ito and Miu Hirano from Japan won table tennis World Grand Finals in Bangkok and became youngest to do so.
140. Anerood Jugnauth named as new Prime Minister of Mauritius.
141. Indian Aces won First Edition of International Premier Tennis League Beating UAE Royals.
142. Indian-American physician Vivek Hallegere Murthy appointed as 19th Surgeon General of America.
143. Bangladesh launched huge manual campaign to clean up oil spill in 34,000 hectares of Sundarbanss that threatened the world's largest mangrove forest.
144. Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling completed 20 years and became longest serving Chief Minister of any State in India. He has been chief minister of Sikkim since 12 December 1994.
145. Born Again on the Mountain is written by Arunima Sinha. She is the first Indian amputee and first female amputee to climb Mount Everest. The book is launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
146. Indian film Jal has been nominated for Oscar contenders of 2014 in two categories- Best Picture and Best Original Score. Marathi film Kapus Kondyachi Goshta nominated for Oscar Award in Best Picture Category.
147. World Diamond Conference held in New Delhi organized by Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council in association with Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry and World Diamond Mark Foundation (WDMF).
148. Steve Smith named as Australia’s 45th Test Cricket Team captain Replacing Michael Clarke.
149. Maleeha Lodhi has been appointed as 16th Pakistani Ambassador to the United Nations (UN).
150. Indian Chess Player Viswanathan Anand won London Classic Chess beating British Michael Adams.
151. 14th Finance Commission headed by former RBI Governor YV Reddy submitted its final report to the President.
152. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo re-elected for four year term after major victory in Elections.
153. Government banned Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) Terrorist Group under Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
154. HDFC Bank launched mobile banking facility named Bank Aap Ki Muththi Mein.
155. Haryana government to set up largest medical university of State in Karnal, home town of astronaut Kalpana Chawla.
156. 16 Dec - Victory and Liberation Day for Bangladesh. On Dec 16, 1971 Bangladesh Forces won over Pakistani Forces with Help of India and leading to creation of separate country Bangladesh. In India it is also celebrated as Vijay Diwas.
157. Vinicius has been named as Mascot for 2016 Olympics and Tom is named as mascot for 2016 Paralympics Games to be organized in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).
158. Shriti Vadera has been appointed as first Indian and Woman Chief of Santander Bank of UK.
159. Indian Music Composer AR Rahman nominated for Oscar Awards 2015 in Music Original Score Category for three films - Million Dollar Arm, Hundred-Foot Journey and Kochadaiiyaan.
160. Pro-democracy activist of China Xu Youyu has been given the Olof Palme Human Rights Prize 2014 given by Stockholm-based Olof Palme Memorial Fund of Sweden.
161. Government announced Five years Visas for minority communities migrating from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.
162. Terrorist Group Tehreek-e-Taliban attacked Army school in Pakistan, killing about 141 People including 132 Children.
163. International Boxing Association (AIBA) banned Indian boxer Laishram Sarita Devi for 1 year for not accepting her bronze medal at Asian Games 2014 medal ceremony.
164. Ireland's Golfer Rory McIlroy has been named as 2014 Race to Dubai European Tour Golfer of the Year.
165. RBI increased RTGS (real time gross settlement) hours from 7.30 hours to 12. With this change, now business hours for RTGS settlements will be 8 am to 8 pm on weekdays as against the earlier 9 am to 4.30 pm.
166. Government approved Constitution Amendment Bill on goods and services tax (GST), making way for pending indirect tax reforms by rolling out GST from April 1, 2016.
167. Reserve Bank of India imposed penalty on ICICI bank (INR 50 Lakh) and Bank of Baroda (25 Lakh) for violation of instructions on Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML).
168. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched India’s heaviest rocket GSLV Mark-III-X carrying Crew module Atmospheric Reentry Experiment (CARE) weighing 630 tonnes.
169. Tashi and Nungshi Malik from Uttarakhand became world’s first twin to climb highest peaks of seven continents.
170. BBC Sports Personality Awards 2014 -
o Sports Personality of the Year - Lewis Hamilton of Britain (F1 Driver)
o Lifetime Achievement: Sir Christopher Andrew "Chris" Hoy of Britain (Racing driver and former track cyclist)
o Team of the Year: England women's rugby union team
o Sports Personality Coach of the Year - Paul McGinley(Ireland)
171. Ghanta Chakrapani has been appointed as first Chairman of the Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC).
172. Hariom Singh (Indian Army) won Gold in Men 50-metre Rifle Prone event in 58th National Shooting Championships in Pune
173. Indian-American Person Amit Priyavadan Mehta became first Asian Pacific American to be appointed as a federal judge in district of Columbia by US Senate.
174. Supreme Court directed government to complete fencing along Indo-Bangladesh border within three months.
175. Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill was passed in Lok Sabha to legalize e-rickshaws by bringing them under the ambit of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
176. USA's senate passed a Resolution to recognise Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai as symbols of peace.
177. UN's United Nations Disaster Assessment and Coordination sent a team of international experts to help Bangladesh in cleaning up the Sundarbans oil spill.
178. Pakistan-born Imtiaz Dharker has been honored by Queen’s Gold Medal for Poetry 2014 for her poetry collection Over the Moon.
179. TVS chairman Venu Srinivasan has been given honorary Citizenship of Busan (Korea) for his efforts to enhance friendship and cooperation between India and Korea.
180. United Nations General Assembly adopted resolution referring North Korea to International Criminal Court (ICC) for human right abuses and charges of crimes against humanity.
181. United States and Cuba agreed on restoring diplomatic ties between the two countries after ending 50 years hostility.
182. Bombay High Court appointed team of 17 lawyers as Commissioners of Court to help in removing illegal hoardings.
183. Union Finance Ministry approved retaining 8.75 percent interest rate on Provident Fund (PF) deposits for year 2014-2015.
184. Pakistan became Associate Member State of CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research).
185. Indian-origin Vasan Srinivasan inducted into Australian Multicultural Council (AMC), an Australian national body.
186. Rajinder Khanna has been appointed as new chief of RAW (Research and Analysis Wing).
187. Atletico de Kolkata won the first season of ISL (Indian Super League) Football league by beating Kerala Blasters. Chennaiyin FC's Elano Blumer won the Golden Boot in inaugural season of ISL for his performance of 8 Goals..
188. Kabaddi World Cup 2014
o Indian Men team won by beating Pakistan
o Indian Women team won by beating new zealand.
189. US Defence Scientists have developed Extreme Accuracy Tasked Ordnance (EXACTO) bullet that can change direction mid-air to reach target. It was revealed by Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency of US Defense Department.
190. Maharashtra Government made e-tendering compulsory for projects over Rs. 3 lakh to bring transparency in administration.
191. Surat Municipal Corporation (Gujarat) partnered with IT Firm Microsoft India to transform Surat as a smart city.
192. 22 Dec - National Mathematics Day (Birth anniversary of Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan).
193. Losar, Buddhists festival of Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir started to mark beginning of New Year in Ladakh.
194. Jyotsna Suri has been elected as President of FICCI, (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry).
195. Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) got 16.96 million Euro (131 crore rupees) order for a thermal power project in Turkey.
196. Indian Shiva Keshavan won Silver in 17th Asian Luge Championship in Japan.
197. 23 Dec - National Farmer's Day. E-retailing firm Snapdeal.com on online Agri store offering agricultural products to the farmers on this occasion.
198. Federal Bank CEO Shyam Srinivasan has been appointed as Chairman of the Indian Banks’ Association's committee on Member Private Sector Banks for 2014-15.
199. Andhra Pradesh Assembly passed Capital Region Development Authority (CRDA) Bill to establish the Capital Region Development Authority which will plan building of the state capital near Vijayawada.
200. Beji Caid Essebsi has been elected as new president of Tunisia.
201. India's National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD) and World Trade Center India Services Council (WTCIS) signed an agreement to promote and develop small businesses in India.
202. India exported CGS Barracuda offshore patrol vessel to Mauritius as First order by a foreign country for India.
203. Suresh Prabhu Committee on Integrated Development of Power, Coal and Renewable Energy submitted its report and suggested measures for enhancement of coal production in the short, medium and long term.
204. Gujarat will host 13th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas between January 7 - 9, 2015 and will mark the 100th year of M K Gandhi’s return to India from South Africa. Chief guest will be Donald Ramotar, Guyana's President.
205. Prakash Mishra has been appointed as Directorate General of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
206. Book Why I Assassinated Gandhi has been written by Nathuram Godse and Gopal Godse.
207. European space Agency's mission Rosetta has been named as scientific Breakthrough of 2014 by Science journal as it landed on comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko 10 years after its launch.
208. Government announced its plans to launch National Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY) scheme for conserving and preserving the heritage characters of 12 cities - Amritsar, Varanasi, Gaya, Puri, Ajmer, Mathura, Dwarka, Badami, Velankanni, Kanchipuram, Warangal (Telangana) and Amaravati (Andhra Pradesh).
209. US government approved annual defence budget National Defence Authorisation Act (NDAA) for fiscal year 2015 for overall defence spending of 578 billion US dollars and also release of Coalition Support Fund (CSF) of 1 billion USD to Pakistan.
210. Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Odisha and 2 ports to develop commercially useful stretches of National Waterway 5. Paradip Port and Dhamra Port Company Limited and they serve Eastern and Central parts of India.
211. Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Arun Jaitley released Calendar for 2015 with theme Clean India Green India.
212. National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) released Situation Assessment Survey of Agricultural Households for the Crop Year 2012-13.
0. This survey conducted between January to December 2013 focused on how agriculture generates only 15 % of India’s GDP despite rural areas houses making about 69 % of the total population.
1. Survey found that hardly 58 % of rural households in India are engaged in farming activity.
2. Only about 9 crore Rural Households are agricultural with their at least one member self-employed in farming
3. Only 68.3 percent of these 9 Crore reported farming activities as their main source of income and mere 39.5 % of rural households today are dependent on agriculture
4. Uttar Pradesh has about 20 % of all agricultural households. Rajasthan having highest percentage of agricultural households (78.4 %) in its rural households and Kerala had only 27.3 percent rural households as agricultural.
213. RBI extended deadline for exchanging pre-2005 notes till 30 June 2015.
214. Taiwan launched its largest missile warship named Tuo Chiang.
215. 24 Dec - National Consumer Rights Day.
216. China and Nepal signed an agreement to expand use of their currencies for border trade.
217. Afghanistan and Pakistan agreed to co-ordinate on military operations along border of these two countries.
218. Nicaragua launched construction of an inter-oceanic 278-km long canal linking Atlantic to Pacific Ocean to rival Panama's waterway and revitalize the economy of Nicaragua by 10% Annually.
0. Nicaragua is second poorest country in the Americas after Haiti.
1. This 50 billion USD Canal project is backed by China.
219. S Bhattacharya appointed as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Coal India (CIL).
220. Government sets up G.P. Mathur committee to examine possibility of creating a Special Investigation Team (SIT) for reinvestigation of 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
221. Global Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) to lay down international rules for 85 billion USD arms trade across nations came into effect to bring accountability and transparency in global arms trade.
222. Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpee and freedom fighter Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya (posthumously) will receive Bharat Ratna, highest civilian award of India. 43 people have been honoured with Bharat Ratna Till now with cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and scientist C N R Rao awarded in 2013.
223. Jammu and Kashmir Assembly Polls Results 2014 -
0. Out of total 87 seats, Jammu & Kashmir Peoples Democratic Party (JKPDP) emerged largest with 28 Seats and BJP second with 25 Seats.
224. Jharkhand Assembly Polls Results 2014 -
0. Out of total 81 seats, BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party emerged largest with 37 Seats) and Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) second with 19 Seats. Raghubar Das appointed as Sixth Chief Minister of Jharkhand.
225. Dec 25 - National Good Governance Day on occasion of Birthday of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
o On this occasion, Government launched an SMS-based warning system to provide alerts on cyclones, tsunami and other weather-related natural calamities.
o Sushaasan Express Train was flagged off from Gwalior, the birth place of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
226. Indian golfer Arjun Atwal won inaugural season of Dubai Open Golf.
227. MD and CEO of IndusInd Bank Mr. Romesh Sobti has been named as Business Standard Banker of the Year 2013-14.
228. Government launched Mission Indradhanush to achieve complete immunization for all children by 2020.
229. Chairman ISRO Koppillil Radhakrishnan featured in Top 10 List of Journal Nature, being the first time that the Nature chose an Indian working in India.
230. Raghubar Das appointed as Sixth Chief Minister of Jharkhand.
231. Russia and four other ex-Soviet nations, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan finalised creation of Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) during CSTO (Collective Security Treaty Organization) meeting in Russia.
232. Ukraine Government approved joining North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO).
233. Government announced to set up Grahak Suvidha Kendras in each zone of the country to provide counseling to consumers for redressal of grievances and assist in registering their complaints in appropriate consumer forum.
234. Government approved hiking Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) cap in insurance sector to 49 percent from 26 percent.
235. India won Gold in World Youth Under-16 Chess Olympiad beating Turkey at FIDE (Federation Internationale des Echecs) tournament in Hungary.
236. Russia tested Angara-A5 rocket to succeed Proton and other Soviet-era launchers. Angara is the first rocket to have been completely built after collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991.
237. Nand Chaturvedi, Noted Hindi poet Passed Away.
238. Archaeologists discovered ancient Buddhist sculptures and precious coins during ongoing excavation at an ancient Buddhist Stupa in northwest Pakistan.
239. Indonesia's AirAsia flight QZ8501 went missing with 162 People while on its way to Singapore.
240. As per RBI Report, Foreign Exchange Reserves of India reached 320 billion USD due to jump in foreign currency assets.
241. Vrinda Sarup has been appointed as Secretary to the Department of School Education and Literacy.
242. BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) banned spinner Pragyan Ojha from bowling after his bowling action was found illegal.
243. Indian Army launched Operation All Out against Bodo militants in Assam after Bodo Millitants massacred 81 tribal people in Kokrajhar and Sonitpur districts of Assam.
244. First Municipal Elections Held in 60 years in Myanmar after Ending of Military Rule in 2011. It is to elect Yangon City Development Committee (YCDC). Yangon is largest city of Myanmar.
245. Indian Ankita Raina won International Tennis Association title of World Tennis Association in Pune beating British Katy Dunne.
246. USA and NATO officially ended their combat mission in Afghanistan that ran for 13 years
247. Researchers at Louisiana State University (USA) discovered new method to convert Carbon Dioxide (CO2) into an Organic Compound through a cyclic copper complex that converts carbon dioxide to oxalate, a more useful organic compound.
248. Government launched Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching at Banaras Hindu University.
249. Noted educationist Saiyid Hamid Passed Away.
250. Cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni announced retirement from Test Cricket.
251. Government approved investment of 60 Crore to hike stake in India’s oldest financial institution IFCI (Industrial Finance Corporation of India) to make it a government owned company.
252. Government renamed Department of Disabilities Affairs as Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
253. Malayalam film director Madhu Kaithapram Passed away.
254. Government signed a loan agreement with Asian Development Bank (ADB) for 75 million USD and 1.8 million dollar grant for Karnataka Integrated Urban Water Management Investment Program (KIUWMIP).
255. Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) has been renamed to Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India.
256. Jangmi, a tropical storm hit Philippines and caused heavy rains and landslides in the country.
257. Government appointed Managing Directors (MD) and Chief Executive Officers (CEO) of four Nationalised Banks -
0. R Koteeswaran - Indian Overseas Bank
1. Animesh Chauhan - Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
2. Kishore Kumar Sansi - Vijaya Bank
3. P. Srinivas - United Bank of India.
258. Government signed loan agreement of 60 Milion USD with Asian Development Bank (ADB) for Jammu and Kashmir Urban Sector Development Investment Program (JKURSDIP).
259. World's smallest goanna lizard species was discovered in Australia with name Dampier Peninsula Goanna while its scientific name is Varanus sparnus.
260. Government created a committee under Home secretary Anil Goswami to look into implementation of of data sharing by various government agencies over National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID).
261. Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) discovered a house belonging to late Harappan period (1900 - 1800 BC) during excavations at Chandyan village in Uttar Pradesh.
262. Chinese Yan Bingtao became youngest player to win the men's title in the IBSF World Snooker Championship beating Pakistani Muhammad Sajjad in Bengaluru (Karnataka).
263. Black Tornado: Mumbai 26/11 has been written by Sandeep Unnithan.
264. Nehru and Bose: Parallel Lives has been written by Rudrangshu Mukherjee.
265. New Governors Appointed -
0. Aziz Qureshi - Mizoram (From Uttarakhand)
1. Krishan Kant Paul - Uttarakhand (From Meghalaya )
2. Keshari Nath Tripathi - Meghalaya (He is also governor of West Bengal)